Tuesday 25 June 2013

Pray.

What does it mean to speak with Heavenly Father?

Prayer is a conversation with Heavenly Father as if we talk to each other; but when we talk with  Heavenly Father, He can direct us. We know Heavenly Father wants the best for us, because He loves us and we are His children.  For this reason He wants us to pray to Him so that He can give us directions in the decisions we make in our lives.

 The way we pray to our Heavenly Father is very simple


1st - Dear Heavenly Father ( we address Him)

2nd  - I thank you for ......(we thank Him for his blessings)

3rd - we ask the ......(we ask for Him to help us in decisions and other things we need)

4 - In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. (always close in the name of Jesus Christ)



I would like to share with you my experience when Heavenly Father responded to my prayers.
 
When I was little, I always prayed my way because I did not know how to pray, but one day my mom met two missionaries on the street from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She invited the missionaries to come to our home. I was only 13 years old at the time. The missionaries also taught me how to pray and communicate with Heavenly Father.  The missionaries invited me to pray to my Heavenly Father about the Book of Mormon, whether it was true or not and also to find out about the truth of their message.

 At that moment I was thinking how can Heavenly Father answer this question,.Is he going to come in front of me and say, "Yes Jona it is true I" .. :) :) I was a little confused  because at that time we had a hard time understanding what was true as there were many churches who claimed to be true. But one day while I was reading the Book of Mormon, I found this: (Mormon chapter 10:3-6.)

 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and bponder it in your chearts.

 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would aask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not btrue; and if ye shall ask with a csincere heart, with dreal intent, having efaith in Christ, he will fmanifest the gtruth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may aknow the btruth of all things.

 And whatsoever thing is good is just and true; wherefore, nothing that is good denieth the Christ, but acknowledgeth that he 

While reading this part of the book of Mormon, I decided to talk to my Heavenly Father in prayer.
 I prayed every day to know if  the Book of Mormon is true.  In my heart I had the feeling that it is true. Also I cannot describe with words what was in my mind and in my heart.when I received the response that 
yes it is  the true church.
 
Also as stated in the Book of  Mormon  "through the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things" which is a good sensation as every good thing comes from Heavenly Father. We can know that if we really trust Lord and open mind heart to our Heavenly Father, He will help us to find the truth.

I would like to invite everyone who reads my blog to pray to Heavenly Father that you may be guided by Him in His way, also pray to know that the Book of Mormon is true.

If you do not have a Book of Mormon, you can receive one as we will send you one upon request for free. I would also like to invite you to look at the adverts that you can watch on
www.lds.org  and mormon.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment